Living a Zen life is within everyone’s reach. These thought-provoking Zen sayings shed light on some of the greatest questions in life about mind, attachment, enlightenment, and more.
Zen is a way of life that puts an emphasis on being present in everything you do. The practice of Zen encompasses self-contemplation, meditation, and intuition. This, in and of itself, becomes foundational for the words of wisdom spoken by Zen masters.
Zen Quotes About Life – 25 Zen Sayings to Live By
- Only the crystal-clear question yields a transparent answer.
- Be master of mind rather than mastered by mind.
- Let go or be dragged.
- Move and the way will open.
- To follow the path, look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master, become the master.
- Obstacles don’t block the path, they are the path.
- What was never lost can never be found.
- No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place.
- When the pools of perception are clear, everything appears ‘as is’.
- If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
- When walking, walk. When eating, eat.
- Better to sit all night than to go to bed with a dragon.
- The three qualities necessary for training: Great faith. Great doubt. Great effort.
- Student says, “I am very discouraged. What should I do?” Master says, “Encourage others.”
- The foolish reject what they see. The wise reject what they think.
- From the pine tree, learn of the pine tree. From the bamboo, learn of the bamboo.
- Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark.
- Where there is great doubt, there will be great awakening; small doubt, small awakening; no doubt, no awakening.
- The mind should be as a mirror.
- Still water has no mind to receive the image of the migrating geese.
- Only when you can be extremely pliable and soft can you be extremely hard and strong.
- Knowledge is learning something every day. Wisdom is letting go of something every day.
- Clouds gone, the mountain appears.
- The only Zen you find at the top of the mountain is the Zen you bring with you.
- Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.
Thank you for reading and sharing this post.
Now, it’s your move.