Shakespeare had the talent to pose thoughtful questions and furnish even more profound answers. Regarded as the greatest writer in the English language, Shakespeare left a legacy of nothing less than masterfully crafted words of wisdom.
William Shakespeare (1564 – 1616) was born and raised in Stratford-upon-Avon, England. He was a renowned poet, playwright, and actor. Among Shakespeare’s finest works are titles such as “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”, “Hamlet”, “Romeo and Juliet”, and “Macbeth”.
A collection of 25 famous quotes by Shakespeare, the Bard of Avon:
- All the world’s a stage.
- It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.
- If music be the food of love, play on.
- There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
- I say there is no darkness but ignorance.
- All that glitters is not gold.
- Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice.
- To be, or not to be: that is the question.
- Expectation is the root of all heartache.
- A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- Go wisely and slowly. Those who rush stumble and fall.
- All things are ready, if our mind be so.
- True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does.
- If we are true to ourselves, we can not be false to anyone.
- Poor and content is rich, and rich enough.
- The empty vessel makes the loudest sound.
- Be great in act, as you have been in thought.
- Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find.
- No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.
- We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
- The golden age is before us, not behind us.
- They do not love that do not show their love.
- Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.
- All’s well that ends well.
Thank you for reading and sharing the post.
Now, it’s your move.