What is the meaning of true love? Feel the answer through 30 of the most beautiful Rumi quotes that speak right to the heart.
Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi is a 13th-century Persian poet and a Sufi mystic. His words have transcended the boundaries of time and space to inspire true, unconditional love in the lives of millions.
- Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.
- Whatever pearl you seek, look for the pearl within the pearl!
- Love is not an emotion, it’s your very existence.
- You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens.
- Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
- If you want the moon,
do not hide at night.
If you want a rose,
do not run from the thorns.
If you want love,
do not hide from yourself.
- Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
- What you seek is seeking you.
- Actually, your soul and mine are the same. We appear and disappear in each other.
- Not the ones speaking the same language, but the ones sharing the same feeling understand each other.
- Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
- Listen with ears of tolerance! See through the eyes of compassion! Speak with the language of love.
- Whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in heaven.
- Only from the heart can you touch the sky.
- Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.
- If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?
- Know then that the body is merely a garment. Go seek the wearer, not the cloak.
- If you love someone, you are always joined with them – in joy, in absence, in solitude, in strife.
- Tear off the mask. Your face is glorious.
- The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.
- In your light I learn how to love.
- The beauty you see in me is a reflection of you.
- There is no Love greater than Love with no object. For then you, yourself, have become love, itself.
- Love is the bridge between you and everything.
- I will be waiting here… For your silence to break. For your soul to shake. For your love to wake!
- Open your arms if you want the Beloved’s embrace.
- In every religion there is love, yet love has no religion.
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
- Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.
- Close your eyes. Fall in love. Stay there.