A compilation of 50 random acts of kindness ideas for every day and week. The purpose of this video is to spread kindness and encourage people to treat one another with more love and compassion. A simple act of kindness can make a big difference for someone today.
1) Bake cookies and share them with others.
2) Learn other people’s names even when you’re not expected to do it.
3) If you’re in line but not really rushing, let someone go in front of you.
4) Share an umbrella with someone who doesn’t carry one.
5) Donate some of the clothes that you rarely wear.
“How beautiful a day can be, when kindness touches it!” – George Elliston
6) It’s your treat. Buy a movie ticket.
7) Praise a colleague in front of other co-workers.
8) Help parents with their little one. Babysit for free.
9) Send flowers to someone as a sign of appreciation.
10) Learn to say hello in a different language to different people.
“When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.” – Abraham Joshua Heschel
11) Offer your help to wash someone’s car.
12) Leave a generous tip for great service.
13) Help someone who has a flat tire and finds it difficult to change it.
14) Buy extra food and help feed the homeless.
15) Hold the door open for another person.
“We rise by lifting others.” – Robert Ingersoll
16) Smile at a stranger.
17) Donate books to the library.
18) Donate toys to the local hospital.
19) Visit elderly people and keep them company.
20) Be the first to say hello when you walk past someone.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”- Maya Angelou
21) Give a hug to someone who needs it.
22) Encourage others and be their cheerleader.
23) Carry someone’s bag, especially if you’re physically stronger.
24) Sponsor a child and help make a difference in their life.
25) Make a playlist for someone with the music they like.
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
26) Read a book to someone who may not be able to do it on their own.
27) Give credit to your team members and recognize their work.
28) Help keep the environment clean by picking up litter at the park.
29) Wash someone’s dishes and lend a hand with the chores.
30) Text your old friends just because you’ve been thinking about them.
“Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
31) Compliment a parent on their child’s good behavior.
32) Answer some questions asked in an online forum or in a survey form.
33) Bring someone a souvenir from your recent trip.
34) Introduce someone to a potential business partner.
35) Dedicate quality time to really listen to someone.
“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.” – Kahlil Gibran
36) Put your phone down when you’re with family or friends.
37) Use your sense of humor and make someone laugh.
38) Mentor someone and support their career development.
39) Talk to someone who feels lonely or shy.
40) Adopt an animal and you may find a best friend.
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
41) Offer a friend help with packing/unpacking.
42) Handwrite a letter to someone and actually mail it.
43) Organize a surprise party for a friend or colleague.
44) If someone has no car and is walking home, offer them a ride.
45) Volunteer and support a cause.
“Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”- Mark Twain
46) Say thank you to those who often remain unseen.
47) Assist a person with a disability to cross the street.
48) Create a handmade gift for someone you care about.
49) Plant trees whose shade you know someone else will sit in.
50) Remember to be kind to yourself.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi